Happiness: Theory to Practice
Learn the theory and science of happiness, and how to put it to use in your life.
- What happiness is
- What you need to be happy
- Human needs: WE PROMISE and the Happiness Essentials
- Why your needs are unique
- Why what you’ve been taught hasn’t worked
- Pleasure vs. Contentment: Which is best and why?
- Two paths to fulfillment
- Three steps to fulfilling your needs
- How to make smarter plans for better results
- Transforming ideas into actions
You’ll spend about 4 hours in class, including breaks, discussion, and Q&A. Coffee, tea, and water are provided.
After class, you’ll have a 1 hour homework assignment in which you’ll go online and use the Happiness Planner™ Classroom Edition (included) to discover your top needs and top strengths. You’ll use your results on Day 2 to help others and help yourself.
Personal Development Day
Share your strengths and weaknesses in this collaborative learning experience.
Based on your results from the Happiness Planner™, we’ll break up into smaller groups matching strengths with weaknesses.
How It Works
Let’s say you’ve got some really great techniques for meeting that perfect guy or girl but someone else is struggling to find just the right person. We’ll match you up so you can share your advice, connect, and mentor.
Likewise, we’ll match your weaknesses with someone else who is strong in that area. You’ll get advice, connect, and find a mentor.
What to Expect
Expect to have fun, make new friends, help others, and help yourself.
You’ll spend about 4 hours including a brief introductory discussion about personality styles, breaks, mentoring, plus a closing Q&A session. Coffee, tea, and water are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you some kind of a guru?
- No. Actually, I call myself a non-guru. I can’t show you the path to happiness but I can help you discover it for yourself.
- I’m a Christian / Muslim / Buddhist / Jew / Atheist / etc., is this class compatible with my beliefs?
- Yes. The techniques we discuss are science-based, secular, and compatible with most belief systems.
- Why are you doing this? What’s in it for you?
- Doing something meaningful with my life is important to me. By delivering this class, I hope that I will help you live a happier life. That is the main goal.
- I’m depressed or have been diagnosed with a mental illness, will this course help me?
- The class is designed to help healthy people live happier lives. We’re not doctors and are not qualified to treat any medical condition, physical or mental. However, you are welcome to attend the class if you think it will help you.
- Can you tell me more about your theory and how it works?
- Yes, please browse the articles on our site and consider signing up for the free Happiness Toolkit.
- I have more questions. How can I contact you?
- Please use the contact form and we’ll get right back to you.