Maybe you’ve heard the news already but, just in case you haven’t, today is the United Nations International Day of Happiness and we’ve got a little present for you. Read on to see what it is (hint: it’s valuable and sure to help you be happier).
Happiness Day, what does that mean? It’s party time!!!
Well, okay, maybe not. At least not until it’s a paid holiday. Then again, tomorrow is Friday…I’m just sayin’.
Seriously, here’s what I recommend you do on Happiness Day (before the party, that is):
Happiness is when your life fulfills your needs. So what are your needs and which ones will make you happiest?
That’s where our little gift begins. See, we’re giving away our Happiness Planner™ Discovery Edition (regularly $7.95 but free until April 1, 2014) to help you find your top needs. Everyone tells us the results are “spot on” so I know it’ll help make you happier. (If you’re already a Happiness Planner™ Discovery Edition user, we’ve got an extra gift for you in step 2.)
Once you’ve got your Happiness Planner™ results, do the first part of our 3D Happiness Planning Process™, Dream:
- Pick just one Happiness Essential™ need to work on fulfilling
- Visualize how your life looks and feels with this need satisfied and fulfilled (your long-term dream)
- Make your dreams more real by finding or creating a photo, drawing, or other image that inspires you to achieve this dream
- Share your image with the hashtags #HappinessDay #HappinessPlanner (and maybe a link to http://HappinessInternational.org )
Any images you share publicly with those hashtags will show up on the Day of Happiness Wall (check out all the amazing inspirations from around the globe!).
Once you know what’s going to make you happy, it’s time for a…
A failure to plan is a plan to fail. We can’t have you failing, now, can we?
Certainly not, which brings us to the second part of our 3D Happiness Planning Process™, Desire:
- Without worrying about how to do it, bring your dream to mind and set a mid-term goal, say 3 to 7 years out
- Write your goal down and put it somewhere visible to remind you
- Move it every day somewhere else so you don’t get familiarity blindness
- Optionally, share your goals with others using the hashtag #HappinessPlan (the research is mixed on whether this helps or hinders so go with your gut feeling)
By now, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to reach this goal, right?
That’s where our gift gets better. We’ve opened up our Happiness Planner™ Expert Links and Quick Actions, normally only available with the full priced Happiness Planner™, to everyone!
Expert Links show you how to go about fulfilling your needs and are a hand-picked links to amazing content from trusted subject matter experts. We’ve spent more than a thousand hours researching the best of the best so you don’t have to.
Quick Actions are simple, intuitive ideas gleaned from the experts you can start applying right away.
Use those Quick Actions and Expert Links answers to complete our 3D Happiness Planning Process™ with Design:
- Make a list of specific actions that will help you reach your goal
- Try to put that list in some kind of order (don’t over-think it or you’ll never get going)
- Choose one specific action you can take today that helps you satisfy your need and reach your goal
- Make that action step just slightly outside your comfort zone (not too much or you’ll get burned out)
And that brings us to the final step…
Without action there is no reaction.
And, for you Law of Attraction fans, remember that action is 60% of attraction. It’s all well and good to desire but you’ve got to go out and get it.
Make and keep a Happiness Day Resolution to work on fulfilling your need this year.
To succeed, I recommend you limit your action to just one Happiness Essential™ need at a time. Focus is key. We don’t really multi-task so much as single-task multiple times. Distractions are just that, distractions from you fulfilling your needs, so stay focused.
Move forward by checking things off your Design plan, updating the plan, and adding new things to it as you make progress.
Lastly, be patient. In my experience, everything takes about 3 times as long as I think it should. You’d think I’d learn but it just doesn’t seem to happen. That’s life in the Happiness Zone.
There are a lot of links on this page and a number of steps to follow so every one of those links opens in a new window so you can keep this page open for reference while reading and acting.
To simplify things, just start by getting your Happiness Planner™ Discovery Edition and seeing your Happiness Plan™ for yourself.
It only takes about 30 minutes and the results last a lifetime. Can you think of anything more rewarding than that?
Happy Happiness Day!
Kenneth Benjamin & the Happiness International Team
P.S. Want to see my dream? Here’s my idea of the perfect view from my home in high-resolution. Yeah, I know, it’s Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park in Big Sur, California but I can dream, can’t I? Photo: Kenneth Benjamin